Enter the 20x16" Competition – merited images will be displayed for 14,000 visitors to view in the Convention Reception Area. The judging process is held in public so photographers can watch the assessments take place; this in itself is an invaluable learning process. The winner will be announced at our prestigious Awards Night at the 2016 Convention in London.
1st Prize: TBA
Judging will take place in the Hilton Meeting Rooms 13-17 at the
Hilton London Metropole Hotel during the Convention.
A truly informative and beneficial opportunity to learn from our peers.
Judging Dates and Times: 20 January 2016 - 10am – 5pm and 21
January – 9am – 2pm
Judging Venue: The Hilton, 225 Edgware Road, London W2 1JU, UK
(Please note due to the nature of this event timings may change)
An application form and the appropriate entry fee must accompany each print.
Members: each print £10.
Non-members: each print £15.
- Wedding Category: includes the following sub-categories: Classical, Avant Garde, Reportage/Photojournalism – must be taken at an actual wedding on the day the register is signed – commissioned work only.
- Portrait Category: includes the following sub-categories: Classical, Avant Garde, Children/Babies – commissioned and non-commissioned
- Documentary Category: commissioned and non-commissioned
- The Natural World - commissioned and non-commissioned
- Open Category - Anything goes – commissioned and non-commissioned work
- Nouveau Category - Anything goes – commissioned and non-commissioned work - only open to first-time entrants of the 20x16 competition.
NB. Entrants must include the sub-categories on their application form.
Classical Wedding/ Classical Portrait: Images must represent an exemplary standard within a traditional and long-established form or style.
Wedding Avant Garde/ Portrait Avant Garde: Images must favour or introduce new and experimental ideas and methods.
Wedding Reportage: Images must document real moments without any photographer input.
Portrait Children/Babies: Images must be of children aged below 16.
Open: There are no strict definitions for this category.
Documentary: Images of people involved in real events to provide a factual report on a particular subject.
Nouveau: There are no strict definitions for this category but entrants must not have entered the 20x16 category before.
Closing Date: 31 December 2015
Or book via PayPal
Where to send your prints:
6 Bath Street
Entries will NOT be accepted if brought to the judging venue. Entries must be
sent to the above address for them to be included in the competition and must
arrive by the closing date. Any entries received after the closing date will not
be entered and will only be returned at the entrant's expense.
Each image must have an application form attached to the back.
Payment for returning prints must be included with your submissions or submitted
online using the payment form provided before the judging date.
Our easy return postage guide:
Up to 2kg (average 4 prints)
Standard £6.00 Recorded £8.00
Up to 4kg (average 8 prints)
Standard £9.50 Recorded £12.00
Up to 6kg (average 12 prints)
Standard £12.00 Recorded £16.00
Up to 8kg (average 16 prints)
Standard £15.50 Recorded £19.00
Up to 10kg (average 20 prints)
Standard £18.00 Recorded £21.00
Entrants who live outside of the UK must contact the office prior to January 21st 2015 to arrange a courier service.
If you require your entries to be returned to you please inform us BEFORE the competition date, entries not returned within two weeks of the competition will be destroyed. Your entries will be returned to you in their original packing where possible.
Offers from the labs
Entry Rules – 2016
- Each image must be mounted.
- All entries must be 20x16 inches inclusive of the mount.
- The metric equivalent 50x40cm is also accepted.
- Within the mount each image must have one side of at least 10 inches (254mm).
- Each image must be accompanied by a signed application form.
- Entrants must include sub-categories on the application form.
- Entrants may enter as many images as they wish in any category.
- Entrant must have captured and created the original exposure.
- All digital manipulation must have been performed by the entrant.
- Any images that violate copyright, trademark or any other applicable law will be disqualified.
- All Wedding entries must be from commissioned weddings and shot on the wedding day with a real bride and groom.
- All entries into the Nouveau Category must be submitted by authors who have not entered any image into The Societies 20x16 since it began.
- First time entrants may enter images into any of the categories listed and may enter as many images as they like into the Nouveau category or any other.
- The entrant's name, or any other distinguishing marks, must not appear on the face of the image.
- No entry will be eligible that has been made under the supervision of an instructor or as a class assignment.
- No image that receives a Merit in the 20x16 annual competition may be entered into the monthly image competition in the same year.
- No identical images may be entered into multiple categories.
- Any entry which has been reproduced from an existing photograph, portrait, graphic or any other artwork produced by another person is a violation of the competition rules and will be disqualified.
- Entrants agree that any photograph entered may be used by The Societies and or Professional Imagemaker in any of the publications, printed materials, or electronic media. Also the image may be used for promotional use by The Societies, unless otherwise agreed.
- It is the entrants responsibility to obtain any and all permissions including the model release/and or Copyright owner's permission
- The judges withhold the right to score any image that they do not think is of a competition standard the award of U – unclassified.
All bookings are final. We reserve the right to change speakers and exhibitors without notice.
Societies Convention and Trade Show at The Hilton London Metropole Hotel ...
You have 101 days to book for the SWPP Convention starting on Wednesday 20th January 2016
Convention testimonials We should also be saying our thank you's for having faith in our talents and inviting us once more to speak. Feedback has been tremendous and nice emails are coming in. Joe Smith