- Each image must be mounted.
- All entries must be 20x16 inches inclusive of the mount.
- The metric equivalent 50x40cm is also accepted.
- Within the mount each image must have one side of at least 10 inches (254mm).
- Each image must be accompanied by a signed application form.
- Entrants must include sub-categories on the application form.
- Entrants may enter as many images as they wish in any category.
- Entrant must have captured and created the original exposure.
- All digital manipulation must have been performed by the entrant or under strict guidance from them.
- Any images that violate copyright, trademark or any other applicable law will be disqualified.
- All Wedding entries must be from commissioned weddings and shot on the wedding day with a real bride and groom.
- All entries into the Nouveau Category must be submitted by authors who have not entered any image into The Societies 20x16 since it began.
- First time entrants may enter images into any of the categories listed and may enter as many images as they like into the Nouveau category or any other.
- The entrant's name, or any other distinguishing marks, must not appear on the face of the image.
- No entry will be eligible that has been made under the supervision of an instructor or as a class assignment.
- No image that receives a Merit in the 20x16 annual competition may be entered into the monthly image competition in the same year.
- No identical images may be entered into multiple categories.
- Any entry which has been reproduced from an existing photograph, portrait, graphic or any other artwork produced by another person is a violation of the competition rules and will be disqualified.
- Entrants agree that any photograph entered may be used by The Societies of Photographers and or Professional Imagemaker in any of the publications, printed materials, or electronic media. Also the image may be used for promotional use by The Societies of Photographers (B.P.P.A Limited), unless otherwise agreed.
- It is the entrants responsibility to obtain any and all permissions including the model release/and or Copyright owner's permission
- The judges withhold the right to score any image that they do not think is of a competition standard the award of U - unclassified.
- Images must have been taken within 24 months.
All bookings are final. We reserve the right to change speakers and exhibitors without notice.
The Societies of Photographers Convention and Trade Show at The Novotel London West, Hammersmith ...
You have 92 days until The Societies of Photographers Convention starting on Wednesday 16th January 2019
Convention testimonials Nicola Hutchison: feeling rather tender after @TheSocieties convention but wow, buzzing with ideas and inspiration!