Corel Releases CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6
Latest Version Features Advanced OpenType Support, Custom Built Colour Harmonies, New Page Layout Capabilities, Native 64-bit and Enhanced Multi-Core Support
Corel today announced the launch of CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6, the newest version of its flagship graphics suite. Featuring a completely revamped typography engine, inspiring new colour styles and harmonies, and powerful shaping tools, the new suite offers graphics professionals its most creative and powerful tools to date. With a focus on opening up new creative possibilities for the design community, this major update delivers improved workflow and performance making it even easier for both aspiring and experienced designers to connect with assets, work with leading edge tools and technology, and output their design projects with confidence.
Our CorelDRAW community consistently inspires us with their creativity and versatility. Our members play a central role in helping us determine the essential features and enhancements that will help to accelerate the design process, while enabling them to showcase their true design style, said John Falsetto, Senior Product Manager for CorelDRAW. We want to provide our users with all of the tools and options they need to be as creative and productive as possible so that they can share their vision and inspire others through their work.
The new features and numerous enhancements included in the latest suite are designed to address the needs of CorelDRAW users in a wide variety of industries, including sign making, graphic design, fashion/apparel design, wide format printing, marketing, print production, screen printing, awards and engraving, vehicle wrap design, and others.
Key New Features and Enhancements include
- Advanced OpenType Support Create beautiful text with advanced OpenType typography features, such as contextual and stylistic alternates, ligatures, ornaments, swash variants, and more.
- New Custom-built Colour Harmonies Modify colours collectively in a harmony and analyze colours and hues to deliver complementary colour schemes.
- New Native 64-bit and Enhanced Multi-Core Support Quickly process files and images up to 50% faster than before.
- New Creative Vector Shaping tools Creatively add effects using four new vector shaping tools -Smear, Twirl, Attract and Repel.
- New Styles Engine and Docker Format with speed and simplify the creation, application, and management of styles for consistent formatting across multiple objects.
- New Smart Carver Remove unwanted areas from an image while simultaneously maintaining the photo's aspect ratio.
- Improved Page Layout Capabilities Create design layouts with ease using new and improved Master Layer functionality, Alignment Guides, Interactive frames and much more.
- Redesigned Object Properties Docker Save time, fine-tune designs and get access to the object settings in one centralized location.
People are looking for software that produces professional results without the complexity. This is especially important for those who rely on graphic software for their business, said Kathleen Maher, Senior Analyst at Jon Peddie Research. This is what CorelDRAW Graphics Suite was designed to do, and we see that legacy continuing strong in the new version. Corel has balanced new features that keep the software competitive for experienced designers, but new users can still get up and working quickly.
What's Included in CorelDRAW Graphics X6
- CorelDRAW X6, an intuitive vector-illustration and page-layout application
- Corel PHOTO-PAINT X6, a professional image-editing application
- Corel PowerTRACE X6, a utility to quickly and accurately convert bitmaps into editable vector graphics
- Corel CONNECT, a full-screen browser to search the suite's digital content on a computer, local network, or disc and stock imagery from iStockPhoto and Fotolia
- Corel CAPTURE X6, a one-click screen capture utility
- Corel Website Creator X6, a powerful new do-it-yourself website creation software
Users also receive 10,000 high-quality clipart and images; 1,000 new professional high-resolution digital photos; 1,000 OpenType fonts, including premium fonts such as Helvetica; 2,000 vehicle templates; 350 professionally designed templates; and 800 frames and patterns. Corel will continue to enhance the CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6 experience by making more content and functionality available throughout the lifecycle for X6 users.
All box versions of CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6 include a comprehensive full-colour, hard cover Guidebook to help users of all skill levels getting started quickly.
For a full list of everything included in CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6 and to download a free 30-day fully-functional trial version, please visit www.corel.com/coreldraw
Availability and PricingCorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6 is available immediately as an electronic download ESD from www.corel.com in English, German, Italian, French, Spanish, Brazilian-Portuguese and Dutch. Box versions will be available from Corel's authorised resellers later in March. Suggested retail pricing SRP is £399 for the full version and £179 for the upgrade. All prices exclude VAT. For more detailed information about pricing and upgrade policies please visit www.corel.com/coreldraw. Commercial and education licenses are also available.
Polish, Czech, Russian, Swedish, Finnish, Hungarian and Turkish language versions of CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6 will follow later in spring 2012.
Media & Blogger ResourcesFor additional CorelDRAW resources including reviewer's materials, images and videos, please visit www.corel.co.uk/newsroom
Meet the CorelDRAW CommunityJoin the user community www.coreldraw.com Connect with CorelDRAW on Facebook www.facebook.com/coreldrawgraphicssuite Follow our updates CorelDRAW
1st Published 20 March 2012 13:31
last update 11/10/2018 11:39:06
The Societies of Photographers Convention and Trade Show at The Novotel London West, Hammersmith ...
You have 167 days until The Societies of Photographers Convention starting on Wednesday 17th March 2021