Wednesday 4th December 2013
Subscribe to RSS headline updates from:
Powered by FeedBurner
Corporate Photographic News
Read more photographic articles on corporative news items. Provided by Professional Imagemaker magazine, a publication for photographers who are members of the Societies.
- 03/07/12 PENTAX RICOH IMAGING UK LTD to distribute RICOH
cameras With effect from 1st July 2012, the distribution, sales and marketing of Ricoh camera products in the UK will transfer - 12/06/12 Epson support 100 FACES OF
LONDON exhibition As a leading player in the photography and fine art market, Epson is proud to supporter the 100 FACES OF LONDON project with photographer Milan Svanderlik
- 25/05/12 Tony
Hadley to front National Photography Month The organisers of National Photography Month (NPM) have announced that Spandau Ballet frontman, Tony Hadley, is to become the public face of the initiative
- 17/05/12 Epson Turns 70 Epson tomorrow announces its 70th anniversary, celebrating as many years in business
- 16/05/12 Kenro’s
Nigel Mapstone passes away Kenro has announced the sad death of Nigel Mapstone, the company’s Area Sales Manager for the South West of England. Nigel died suddenly and unexpectedly at home
- 16/05/12 Clikpic
launches a series of 1-day training courses “Customising your Clikpic
site” Clikpic specialises in providing websites for photographers (and artists) for as little £40 pa
- 14/05/12 Bolton Mini Convention Draws the Crowds Our first Mini Convention in Scotland and what a great success!
- 03/05/12 A Real Photo Opportunity It’s becoming more important than ever to continue training and furthering education in business, because today, industries have become extremely competitive
- 20/04/12 Bolton Mini Convention Draws
the Crowds The Societies Mini Convention in Bolton on 19 April 2012 was a great hit with local photographers in the North West - 19/04/12 Martin Parr
to headline Bob Books Photobook Month 2012 Bob Books, the UK-based premium photobook company is proud to announce the return of Photobook Month this June
Confidence announce availability of new X-Rite i1 Pro 2 Color Confidence, Europe’s leading value added distributor into the digital imaging markets, and X-Rite’s premier European distributor, has today announced the availability of the new X-Rite -
10/04/12 SmugMug and Loxley Colour launch groundbreaking
online ecommerce solution for Europe’s photographers Professional and serious amateur photographers across Europe are set to benefit from a groundbreaking new business link between international photo-website leader SmugMug and pioneering Glasgow-based prolab Loxley Colour - 27/03/12 Moments in
Construction Epson supports Hiroyuki Suzuki’s London exhibition of photographs which capture and celebrate Japan’s rebuilding after earthquake
- 23/03/12 Five key days to blossom this spring Calumet is launching an exclusive five city in-store ‘Spring Open Day’ programme starting in Edinburgh on Wednesday April 4. - 22/03/12 A Warm Welcome
from Photographers in Turkey The Societies Phil & Juliet Jones along with guest speaker Richard P Walton FSWPP and model Celine Mailland recently visited Istanbul
. - 21/03/12 Focus on Imaging 2012 took place at the Birmingham NEC between the 4th
and 7th of March This year’s Show was attended by 37, 684 individual visitors which made for a very busy show floor across all of the four days, created a real buzz of activity and with it an infectious atmosphere
- 14/03/12 The Societies at The Gadget Show Live 2012 For the second year running, The Societies are pleased to announce they will be exhibiting at The Gadget Show Live (Stand B139).
- 12/03/12 Fujifilm presents FDIS retailers with new Excellence Award Fujifilm has presented three members of the Fujifilm Digital Image Service (FDIS) marketing group with a new business award, The Fujifilm Business Endeavour Award.
- 09/03/12 "Equestrian Action" in North Yorkshire Award winning equestrian photographer Trudy Trafford, will present her popular workshop on equestrian and equestrian event photography in North Yorkshire
- 08/03/12 Epson
sponsors first “Cambridge Faces” project Epson is to sponsor Cambridge Faces, the first large photographic project presented by Queens' College Art Society, Cambridge
- 02/03/12 Chris Kay Leaves Loxley Colour Prolab Chris Kay, one of the UK’s best-known names in the UK prolab world, has resigned from his role as marketing manager at Glasgow-based Loxley Colour - 28/02/12 Fujifilm in
Near Field Communication first Fujifilm has announced it is to trial its acclaimed SmartPix photo kiosks with Near Field Communication (NFC) - a first for the UK market
.- 28/02/12 A Yerbury nude masterclass, a Playboy model, a
seventeenth century country hall and you Leading art nude photographers Trevor and Faye Yerbury are planning an exclusive day-long workshop for just ten delegates at a rural mansion this summer
- 21/02/12 Manfrotto at Focus on Imaging Stand N10-11 We are delighted to announce that Manfrotto, the leading global developer of imaging accessories and supports, will showcase a number of pioneering photographic products at the forthcoming Focus on Imaging ! - 20/02/12 US Image Website leaders Zenfolio makes dramatic
entrance on UK soil Zenfolio's first appearance on UK soil was at last months SWPP Conference and they claim to have had a ball.
- 14/02/12 Showcase Your
Photography and Win a DS40 Professional Photo Printer Photomart have recently launched a new photographic competition where entrants are in with a chance of winning a DNP DS40 Dye Sublimation Printer
Win a 16x12” Print from Loxley Colour Loxley
Colour is pleased to announce that they will be sponsoring The Societies
Twitter Image Competition.
- 14/02/12 Color Confidence announce launch and availability of
DataColor SpyderPRINT and SpyderSTUDIO First UK showing of SpyderPRINT and SpyderSTUDIO along with full Spyder4 range on Color Confidence stand C11 at Focus on Imaging
- 10/02/12 Ian Griffiths of
Event-Photos has arranged a one day Event Photography training day Ian Griffiths of Event-Photos has arranged a one day Event Photography training day, this time it’s FREE for 10 Ex-Servicemen in conjunction with the organization “Veterans In Action” (VIA).
- 10/02/12 The Societies announce new Twitter image competition The Societies have this week announced a new Twitter image competition where anyone can enter to win 12 month membership to any 2 of our Societies
- 06/02/2012 Announcement of new CEO
at Sigma Corporation We would like to announce that Mr. Kazuto Yamaki, previously Chief Operating Officer, has been appointed as Chief Executive Officer of the Sigma Corporation - 03/02/12 Onwards and upwards: ePHOTOzine
numbers soar again Leading photography website ePHOTOzine is now getting almost a million unique users
- 03/02/12 Tetenal UK Stands Proud
at Focus on Imaging 2012 Tetenal confirm their attendance with a portfolio of big brands at the annual trade show, Stand C10
- 01/02/12 Color Confidence set for biggest presence at Focus
on Imaging yet Color Confidence to team up with X-Rite, Nik Software and Tecco on stand C11, Hall 9
- 30/01/12 Exclusive 7
Premium MultiMedia Album Exclusive 7’s latest development of their secure MultiMedia Album, aimed at photographic professionals as well as consumers
- 30/01/12 Announcement of the
death of Michihiro Yamaki, CEO It is with great sadness that we announce the death of our CEO, Mr Michihiro Yamaki
- 25/01/12 John Denton confirmed as a Master of Photography Bishop Burton based photographer John Denton has returned from the International Convention of the Society of Wedding and Portrait Photograpers in London carrying off one of the top awards - 23/01/12 Focus on Imaging
2012 FOCUS ON IMAGING 2012 is now just over seven weeks away and interest in the Show is greater than ever before
17/01/12 Print A3+
photos from anywhere With high-quality wireless printer Announcing the Epson Stylus Photo 1500W, Epson offers photo enthusiasts a wireless, A3+ printer with an unbeatable combination of convenience and superior specifications for high-quality, glossy photo output.
- 09/01/12 Imaging
Warehouse at Focus 2012 The Imaging Warehouse will arrive at Focus on Imaging 2012 displaying a wide range of traditional darkroom products
- 05/01/12 Color
Confidence announce launch and availability of new DataColor Spyder4
range Color Confidence, Europe’s leading value added distributor into the digital imaging markets, have today announced the launch and immediate availability of the Spyder4 range from DataColor
accompanies Steve McCurry as he tells his (and our) story Steve McCurry has again chosen Epson to help share with enthusiasts his new photographic story, which this time concerns Italy - 21/12/11 Click Connection
Corporation Ltd (CCC) Purchases The Photographic Organiser Studio
Management Software Click Connection Corporation (CCC) has purchased Productive IT, the company behind the market leading studio management software 'The Photographic Organiser' (TPO)
- 20/12/11 Color
Confidence partner with Nik software, NEC, Tecco and X-Rite to create a
‘Workflow Zone’ at SWPP 2012 Color Confidence, Nik Software, NEC, Tecco and X-Rite have stands 31, 34, 35, 36 and 37 in the Champagne Suite, Novotel Hammersmith, 13th-15th January 2012
- 14/12/11 Calumet
set to host new workshop programme in 2012 Calumet has teamed with Epson Print Academy and photography workshop and training specialist, aspect2i, to host a brand new series of exclusive photo-workshops at key branches through 2012
- 08/12/11 Going
beyond monitor calibration - Color Confidence launch Studio Photo and
Studio View Color Confidence, Europe’s leading value added distributor into the digital imaging markets has today announced the launch of two new monitor calibration packages
- 05/12/12 Give a friend
12 days for Christmas on PhotoTraining4U for free! Send this gift voucher to all of your friends before the 12th of December
- 02/12/11 Epson captures stunning quality of Landscape Photographer of the Year 2011
winners Epson has teamed up once again with Bayeux, one of London’s leading photographic and imaging companies, to sponsor and support the prestigious ‘Take a view’ Landscape Photographer of the Year 2011 Competition
- 01/12/11 Your Complete Business Solution
in a Box Innovative, creative and income generating, a new business launches that supplies photographers with artistic and easy tool kits designed to help them expand their business.
- 24/11/11 Loxley albums and Dunsmore images are a big hit with the Queen and the Duke
and Duchess of Cambridge Loxley Colour and royal wedding photographer Andrew Dunsmore are over the moon after The Queen and The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge expressed delight at receiving photograph albums
- 22/11/11 Santa delivers
40% off at Brilliant Prints (bppro.co.uk) for all new customers plus the
chance to win a £300 voucher This Christmas Santa is coming early at Brilliant Prints with 40% off for all new customers. Orders can be placed online at www.bppro.co.uk.
- 11/11/11 Calumet focuses on Canon lens roadshow event Calumet is teaming up with Canon this month (Nov) for an exclusive nationwide ‘five cities in ten days’ lens roadsho/w/
- 11/11/11 Loxley Colour unveils
‘dark arts’ mysteries of the prolab world ‘In a UK-first we’ve created a snapshot for our customers about what goes on behind the scenes in a prolab like ours.’ Ian Loxley MD.
- 08/11/11 Tetenal
appoint new Account Manager with a wealth of photographic experience Tetenal UK is proud to announce the newest addition to their experienced team with the appointment of Mike Cartwright as Account Manager of the West Midlands and Southern Counties
- 05/10/11 Fujifilm Confirm Sponsorship of the Societies Wedding Photojournalism
Photographer of Year 2011 the Award The Societies are pleased to announce that Fujifilm we be sponsoring the Wedding Photojournalism Photographer of
the Year 2011 Award with the superb FinePix X100 camera
- 05/10/11 Calumet adds Leaf
to its medium format product portfolio Calumet Photographic is set to sell Leaf digital camera backs in the UK, Germany and Holland
- 27/09/11 Manfrotto
Takes Two Prizes at the 2011 Gear of the Year Awards Manfrotto’s STILE bag range and 290 tripod series get top marks
, - 19/09/11 The single most important event in the MIPP's
annual calendar is now less than a month away The MIPP International Convention in collaboration with The Societies (SWPP) will be held at the San Gorg Corinthia once again, between the 14th and 16th October 2011.
19/09/11 Learn to
earn at creative workshop in Hampshire, 20th October London, September 2011: “Maximising profits” is an interactive workshop by qualified Master Photographer, Dave Burlison
- 07/09/11 Canon
Pro Solutions Show 2011 Canon announced today further details about the Pro Solutions show on 25th and 26th October 2011 at the Business Design Centre in Islington, London
- 07/09/11 5 Days Until
Angel’s Land at MB7 Monkey Business 7 - IS ALL ABOUT Photographing Children. The Little Angels tour, which is all about promoting and shooting kids, is set to light the touch paper of portrait photography once again in the UK
- 05/09/11 Exciting
Times Ahead for Hasselblad Masters Program Hasselblad is carrying out special events around the world in conjunction with this year’s Masters Program finalists
- 05/09/11 FDIS names Vegas
winner Fujifilm Digital Imaging Service (FDIS) has announced the winner of its recent Las Vegas promotion
! - 01/09/11 Win a visit from
the Studio Doctor Book a place on the Monkey Business 7 UK tour this September and it could be you that wins a one on one day with the PhotoTraining4U's Studio Doctor worth over £1500
- 31/08/11 Aaduki Multimedia Insurance and Panoramic Earth announce
partnership Aaduki Multimedia Insurance, one of the leading Insurance Providers in the photographic market has announced a partnership deal with Panoramic Earth
- 30/08/11 Another great show on offer as The Societies’ gears up for its Tenth
Anniversary Convention The countdown has begun for Europe’s biggest photographic gathering as The Societies’ (incorporating the SWPP) finalises the details of its 2012 Convention
- 30/08/11 Strong trade support boosts the Tenth Anniversary Societies’ Convention Europe’s largest photographic convention is shaping up to be another outstanding success as the industry’s key players look to buck the trend and to start 2012 with a positive message about recovery.
- 15/08/11 Epson wins
prestigious award from EISA EISA has recognised the Epson Stylus Photo R3000 as the European Printer 2011-2012
- 15/08/11 Toughest
ever TOUGH camera crushes rivals to take top award Olympus TOUGH TG-810 wins all-weather EISA Award
- 15/08/11 EISA Award
for the 645D EUROPEAN PROFESSIONAL CAMERA OF THE YEAR 2011-2012
- 27/07/11 Fujifilm unveils Student Awards 2011 winner Fujifilm Professional has announced the winner of its 2011 Student Awards.
- 20/07/11 New exciting
partnership for PermaJet and JP Distribution The Imaging Warehouse, owners of the Permajet brand and JP Distribution
are proud to announce an exciting new partnership
18/07/11 The ‘Beauty of broncolor’
nationwide tour set to launch - Hasselblad, the newly-appointed broncolor lighting products
distributor in the UK is set to launch a nationwide, sixteen venue
‘Beauty of broncolor’ tour for photographers and creatives.
- 30/06/11 Hasselblad set for growth under new European owners Hasselblad, the premium medium format camera manufacturer, is planning a rapid expansion of cutting edge capture products and is set to target new imaging markets following the company’s acquisition by Ventizz
24/06/11 America's most succesful
online photography presentation and sales provider Zenfolio America's most succesful online photography presentation and sales provider Zenfolio is now integreated with the UK's leading professional photographic laboratory One Vision Imaging Ltd
- 24/06/11 Océ Japan to become wholly owned subsidiary of Canon
Marketing Japan Canon and Océ announced today plans to combine both companies' printing operations in Japan.
- 24/06/11 Nikon to Support 14th
FINA World Championships as Official FINA Partner Nikon Corporation (Makoto Kimura, President) is pleased to announce its official partnership with the Fédération Internationale de Natation (FINA) at the 14th FINA World Championships
- 22/06/11 Color
Confidence announce availability of ground breaking new monitor
calibration solutions from X-Rite Color Confidence, Europe's leading independent value added distributor into the colour management and digital imaging channels, have announced the availability of the new ColorMunki Display and i1Display Pro
- 22/06/11 Pentax Partners
with Elite Model Look 2011 Pentax is delighted to today announce it is the Official Camera Sponsor of the prestigious Elite Model Look 2011.
- 21/06/11 broncolor turns
to Hasselblad for its UK distribution Hasselblad is set to become sole distributor of broncolor lighting products in the UK.
- 31/05/11 Swains hit the road with Fujifilm this autumn Fujifilm will be demonstrating their best selling DL430 Dryminilab system along with the Smartpix kiosk, Epson 7890 wide format printer and the newly launched PhotoBook Builder
- 26/05/11 Color Confidence and Nik Software team up to present the latest
solutions at Photovision Roadshows across the UK Color Confidence, Europe's leading value added distributor into the Photographic and Digital Imaging markets will be exhibiting on all nine dates of the 2011/12 Photovision Roadshow.
- 17/05/11 The Societies’
Convention 2012 The Societies’ are pleased to announce the preliminary schedule for the 2012 Convention, to be held in The Novotel, Hammersmith on the 10th-15th January
- 12/05/11 Aspiring Photographers Set For National
Exposure Talented photography undergraduates are focused on capturing the imagination of the capital as they prepare to showcase their work in London
- 10/05/11 Brighton Photo Festival
2011 Welcome you to a brand new photography festival in Brighton Marina on the 14th and 15th of May 2011 as part of the Brighton Fringe Festival
- 03/05/11 Paul Waterworth named as Hasselblad’s new Global Photographer Relations
Manager In a move that emphasizes Hasselblad’s ongoing commitment to its legion of worldwide users, Paul Waterworth has been named as the company’s new Global Photographer Relations Manager
- 20/04/11 New addition to Kenro sales team Kenro has appointed Miles Thompson as Area Sales Manager for the Midlands and South East.
- 19/04/11 Success for The Societies at The Gadget Show Live
2011 The Societies are delighted with their successful new venture, exhibiting and lecturing at The Gadget Show Live, for the first time.
- 18/04/11 Proven results from AF International The test results for anti-bacterial efficacy indicated that the products achieved a 99.9% reduction of the following bacteria, mould, and yeast:
- 14/04/11 World-acclaimed Photoshop expert plans exclusive workshop with Hasselblad Up close and personal with Martin Evening at the Hasselblad Studio
14/04/11 Pro Centre Moves Home. After almost a quarter of a century based at Mallow Street, London EC1, the popular photographic rental company is relocating to new, larger premises just a few minutes walk away
- 05/04/11 Hireacamera launches new Micro
System Camcorder, Camera and Lens ranges Hireacamera launches new Micro System Camcorder, Camera and Lens ranges
- 28/03/11 The Societies Set To
Exhibit at Photo Fest Ireland 2011 The Societies are pleased to announce that they will be returning to exhibit at Photo Fest Ireland 2011
- 28/03/11 8 days of Events Monkey Business 6 starts on Monday the 4th April, 8-city tour in the UK dedicated to the world of Event Photography
- 25/03/11 Color Confidence
confirm the latest additions to the NEC SpectraView & MultiSync family Official, value-added distributor for NEC in the UK, Color Confidence, has today confirmed availability of the latest 30” SpectraView Reference and MultiSync additions to the NEC monitor range
- 24/03/11 Sneak Preview of The Gadget Show
Live 2011 13-17 April 2011, Birmingham NEC (trade/press preview on 12 April)
- 23/03/11 The Societies at The
Gadget Show Live - J11 The Societies are pleased to announce that for the first time, they will be attending The Gadget Show Live (Stand J11).
- 23/03/11 Calumet Group Has New Owner Calumet Photographic Group, the $200m specialist photographic retailer and flash lighting manufacturer Bowens, has changed ownership.
17/03/11 High End Cuisine and High
End Hasselblad Cameras Unite for a Scandinavian Victory Hasselblad photographer Jeff Nalin captures official portraits of the three Scandinavian winners of the world-renowned Bocuse d’Or culinary "Olympics“ in Lyon, France.
16/03/11<br>Since the terrible events that took place in Japan last
Friday, Olympus Europe and its employees have been constantly thinking
of our Japanese colleagues, their relatives, and all of the Japanese
people Olympus Business Update on the
Situation after Earthquake No 1 (as of 15th March 2011) - 16/03/11 Fujifilm heralds Focus as
‘outstanding’ Fujifilm has declared the recent Focus-on-Imaging trade fair as one of the most successful yet.
- 10/03/11 Pete Bristo take - A Wedding
Affair Loxley Colour are delighted to announce the first in a series of seminars held in our Lecture Theatre by Pete Bristo MBE, FMPA, FBIPP, FSWPP
- 10/03/11 Kodak Earns Multiple Accolades at
2011 International CES Kodak Recognized for Innovative Products by Consumer Electronics Association
- 04/03/11 Graphistudio Save the Date Graphistudio are pleased to announce that Adam Alex has won a WPPI 1st place glamour and fashion award. Judge Dennis Orchard from WPPI and Jeremy Price will present this prestigious award to Adam on the Graphistudio stand at Focus
- 02/03/11 Color Confidence appointed Distributor for Noritsu in the UK and Ireland Color Confidence, Europe's leading value added distributor into the Digital Imaging Market, today announces the agreement that they became official distributor for Noritsu in the UK and Ireland on 1st February
Page 1 -
Page 2 -
Page 3 -
Page 4 -
Page 5 -
Page 6 -
Page 7 -
Page 8 -
Page 9 -
Page 10 -
Page 11 -
Page 12 -
Page 13 - Page 14
Page 15 -
What our members say Why I like the Societies: Friendly and always helpful, willing to share knowledge - Christopher H Find out more about the Societies here
Convention testimonials I would like to thank you for the magnificent dinner and the very helpful seminars. This convention really gave me a boost especially after the award I was given, Photographer of the year 2011 for bridal portrait. Andreas Evzonas
Find out more about the Convention here
Photo Quote: The contemporary artist...is not bound to a fully conceived, previsioned end. His mind is kept alert to in-process discovery and a working rapport is established between the artist and his creation. While it may be true, as Nathan Lyons stated, 'The eye and the camera see more than the mind knows,' is it not also conceivable that the mind knows more than the eye and the camera can see? - Jerry Uelsmann
2014 Societies Convention and Trade Show at The Hilton London Metropole Hotel ...
You have 41 days to book for the 2014 Convention Wednesday 15th January 2014