by Andy Cubin Published 01/12/2012
Posing men's hands is pretty straighforward if you accept three propositions:
1. Showing the back of a man's hand in an image is no bad thing.
2. Most men wear trousers with belt hoops.
3. Give a man something to do with his hands and he is happy.
1. The backs of men's hands show signs of age, experience and toil - they themselves may tell a story about their owner. Perhaps this canbe put to good use - why try and hide them?:
2. The use of the belt hoops is a gift as it allows the male of the species to hook his thumbs in and ball his hands into fists - a cool thing. In this series of hand/pocket combos, there are plenty of options but, for me, the belt hoops win:
Hands need a lot of attention when setting up a pose. If they are ignored, they can ruin the shot but if they are set properly they can certainly go a long way to enhance the final image.
Come and see us at the 2013 Convention.
We are hosting a Masterclass on 'Posing from Head to Foot' on Friday 11 Jan at 17:30 - we'd love to see you there.
In the next edition - feet, feet, feet.
Andy Cubin MBE ASIFGP
The Societies of Photographers Convention and Trade Show at The Novotel London West, Hammersmith ...
You have 329 days until The Societies of Photographers Convention starting on Wednesday 16th March 2022