RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD. is pleased to announce the launch of the HD PENTAX-D FA 150-450mm F4.5-5.6ED DC AW super-telephoto zoom lens, designed for use with PENTAX K-mount digital SLR cameras.
This super-telephoto zoom lens has been developed to cover focal lengths from 150mm to 450mm - a focal-length range demanded by high-end PENTAX-camera users. It features the PENTAX-original, high-grade HD Coating to produce extra-sharp, high-contrast images even under demanding lighting conditions like backlight. It also incorporates three ED Extra-low Dispersion glass elements and a super-low dispersion glass element to effectively compensate chromatic aberration. Its dustproof, weather-resistant body also makes it extremely dependable and durable when shooting outdoors.
1. Super-telephoto coverage with three-times zoom ratio When mounted on a PENTAX K-mount SLR camera body, this zoom lens covers a super-telephoto range from approximately 230mm to 690mm in the 35mm format. It is designed to be compact and light enough to hold during long-range shooting of wildlife, aircraft and sports.
2. Outstanding image description This lens boasts state-of-the-art optics - three ED Extra-low Dispersion glass elements and a super-low dispersion glass element, this minimises spherical and chromatic aberrations, while producing crisp, high-quality images free of colour bleeding. Its MTF Modulation Transfer Function curve is programmed to be higher than those of conventional models in the same class, to deliver high-resolution, fine-detailed images. Its image circle is also optimised to cover even the image size of 35mm film-format SLR cameras. As a result, it ensures brilliant, high-resolution images without compromising edge sharpness even when mounted on an existing PENTAX digital SLR camera body, and is also accepting of future models with larger image sensors without modifications.
3. HD Coating to optimise image rendition This lens is treated with the high-grade, multi-layer HD Coating. Compared with&12288;conventional multi-layer coatings, this PENTAX-original coating ensures high light transmittance and less reflection to deliver bright, high-contrast images, free of flare and ghosting. HD stands for High Definition.
4. Dustproof, weather-resistant construction Developed as an AW All Weather model, this zoom lens features a dependable dustproof, weather-resistant construction with 21 special seals to prevent the intrusion of water and dust particles. By pairing it with a PENTAX weather-resistant digital SLR camera body, it provides a durable, reliable digital imaging system that performs - even in rain or mist, or at locations prone to water splashes or spray.
5. Newly installed three-position switch for Quick-Shift Focus System This lens is equipped with the PENTAX-developed Quick-Shift Focus System, which allows users to instantly switch to manual-focus operation after the subject is captured in focus by the camera's AF system. In order to improve its operability, a three-position switch has been installed on this lens, allowing instant switching among QFS/A, QFS/M and MF modes. QFS/A is an autofocus-priority mode, which allows the user to switch to manual-focusing operation when autofocus operation is complete. QFS/M is a manual-focus-priority mode, which enables the user to switch to manual focusing at any time - even when the AF system is in operation. MF mode allows the user to instantly switch to manual focusing with a simple twist of the focus ring on the lens. With a choice of three distinctive modes, the user is guaranteed speedier, more accurate focusing operation for a given subject or application.
6. Four AF buttons installed on the lens barrel In order to provide more stable AF operation and better hold of the lens regardless of the camera's orientation - horizontal or vertical - this lens provides four AF buttons on its barrel one at every 90 degrees. The user can assign preferred settings to these AF buttons, including a Focus Preset mode and an AF Cancel mode to fix the focus at a desired point during Continuous AF operation. The PENTAX K-3 is currently the only model to accommodate the AF button functions. To activate these functions, the camera's firmware must be updated to the latest version.
7. Other features
Smooth, quiet AF operation using a lens-installed AF driving motor
Round-shaped diaphragm to produce a natural, beautiful bokeh effect, while minimising the streaking effect of point light sources
Focus range limiter to minimise AF operation time by fixing the focus range to one of three &12288;sub-ranges
SP Super Protect coating to keep the front surface free of dust and stains
Zoom lock lever to prevent the lens barrel from free-falling
Detachable tripod mounting with a newly designed anti-falling mechanism
Note Designs and specifications are subject to change without notice
The Societies of Photographers Convention and Trade Show at The Novotel London West, Hammersmith ...
You have 305 days until The Societies of Photographers Convention starting on Wednesday 16th March 2022