tel:- +44 7809 516858
fax:- +44 1562 700 552
web address:- www.classiccountryhouses.com
Park Hall :-
Venue type - Manor House
Venue type - Historical Building
Venue type - Stately Home
Number of function rooms available for weddings: 2
Function room names and capacities: Garden Suite - can seat 120 round 10 tables of 12, without a dance floor or bar or 90 with a dance floor and bar. Glass windows overlooking the beautful countryside.
Marquee - can hold a marquee for up to 500 + guests either on the lawns or parklands of Park Hall.
Guests rooms available: 26
Honeymoon suite available: Yes - Hurcott Suite
Garden suitable for marquees: Yes
Choice of wedding breakfast menus - Yes
Dedicated wedding planner available - Yes
Licensed for Civil Ceremonies - Yes
Outdoor Fireworks Permitted - Yes
Evening Reception Facilities - Yes
Car Parking Facilities - Yes
Entertainment is available: All organised by the client
Wedding services provided: Civil Ceremony
Gardens or outside locations suitable for wedding photography: Yes, plenty of them!
Suitable locations inside the venue for wedding photography: Yes, plenty of them
Local picturesque areas suitable for wedding photography: Yes
Venue special features: Heated Swimming pool, tennis courts, beatiful walled garden
Venue History: Park Hall was built in about 1710 by Thomas Foley II on a part of the Hurcott Estate, which had been bought by his father, the first Thomas Foley, in 1662. On Taylor s country map of 1772, it is shown as the "New House".
In 1833, the house was sold, (along with most of the other Foley estates), to the trustees of William Humble Ward, (Lord Ward, the future Earl of Dudley), who was fifteen at the time. In the catalogue of this sale, John Lea Esq. (the carpet manufacturer) was said to be the sitting tenant.
In December 1923, the Hall was sold by the second Earl of Dudley to Mr. George Wilson, of the Oldbury based chemicals company Albright and Wilson. During the Second World War, his company set up temporary headquarters at Park Hall - perhaps because Bond-Worth s Stourport carpet works, and others in the area, had been taken over by the firm as bomb-filling facilities.
During the war, a German bomber dumped part of its load on the estate, but caused only superficial damage.
In 1975 the Estate was sold to the Brinton family, who have a long association with Kidderminster, and have for many years been the town s largest employer at their carpet factory.
In 1993 the Estate was the subject of a compulsory purchase order in respect of the proposed Western orbital route and following the abolition of the plans for this road, it was sold by the Highways Agency in June 2001 to Russell Stev
More Wedding Venues in Worcestershire
We also have a list of Wedding Cars in Worcestershire
To update the information for Park Hall please use this form