Benefits of MembershipBe part of the fastest growing worldwide association for pro photographers.
The Societies are a group of organisations incorporating the interests of all aspects of photography.
The membership is open to full-time professional, semi-professional and the serious enthusiast.
The organisations are administered by a dedicated team from offices in Rhyl, North Wales. The membership has continued to rise exponentially and shows no sign of slowing down. It is our aspiration to become the largest and most proactive organisation representing the needs of photographers across Europe.
Training and Development
- Seminars and Road Shows (Discounted seminar places to The Societies members)
- Mentoring programme
- *Qualifications by submission of work.
- The Professional Imagemaker magazine (bi-monthly)
- Access Professional Imagemaker magazine online archive
- Network with other Photographers on our online community
- Annual Convention and Trade Show
- Weekly email newsletters
- Annual Member's Handbook and Associates Trade Directory
- Reciprocal membership with WPPI (Wedding and Portrait Photographers International )
Join TodayEnhancing Your Business
- Add prestige to your business with a qualification.
- Business listing on our website
- Online Exhibition
- Members are entitled to use the logo on web sites, business stationery, displays, adverts etc.
- 24 hour legal advice line
- Arbitration Service
- Membership card
- Consumer based advertising to promote our members
Discounts on Photographic Products and Services
Read what members say about the The Societies
The Societies currently represents photographers who specialise in the following areas of expertise:
Freelance, photojournalists, weddings, portraits, children, animal, equestrian, digital, commercial, fashion, glamour, landscape, nature, sport, medical, scientific, press, PR, architectural, industrial, forensic, natural history, research, amongst others.
The Societies, Europe’s fastest growing independent photographic organisation.
Professional photographers worldwide receive a boost through their listing with the SWPP, Members pages contain the following facilities, all of which are designed to encourage potential clients to make contact:
Join TodayAddress contact details
Image of themselves
An example image of their work
Link to online gallery (option)
Link to Multimap (UK only)
Being listed within such a compressive world wide directory will draw addition clients and boost your business.
Aims of the Societies
Encourage high professional standards and ethics in photography
Promote development and discussion about all aspects of the business of photography
Promote the interests of photographers
Provide education and training within the profession
Establish photographers' rights and set precedents in areas such as copyright
Cultivate friendship and understanding among photographers
Be a reliable resource centre for photographers
What our members say
Why I like the Societies: It's about being part of a community with similar interests. It gives you opportunity to learn, and share. Both are important. - Athol A
Find out more about the Societies here