The wedding day is a ‘special day’ and offers a rich opportunity for creative storytelling images, these may be posed or candid, it is up to you.
Remember that in people photography great expressions count, so lets see the happiness of the day portrayed in your entries.
Win one years membership to The Societies
As with all competitions remember that good camera craft skills with accuracy of exposure is essential, good lighting is also beneficial, along with decisive cropping and excellent postproduction skills.
- Free to enter for all photographers including non members
- A maximum of three images per entrant are welcome
- The work must be that of the entrant
- No entry will be eligible that has been made under the supervision of an instructor or as a class assignment
- No distinguishing marks on the images
- Images submitted must be no larger than 2000 pixels wide
- All entrants must be able to supply a high resolution image (300dpi)
- For the purpose of this competition any baby under 12 months is classed as newborn
- Copyright of the images remains with the photographer - The Societies recognises that the entrant, the author of the photograph, retains complete and full ownership of the copyright in each submission
- Entries can be used for publicity purposes only by The Societies and may be printed in our magazine Professional Imagemaker, also promotional purposes
- Competition Closed
- The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Enter three images into this competition free of charge – if you would like to enter additional images you may do so for the nominal fee of $2 (US) per image. Once you have completed the entry form if you wish to enter more images you will be guided to the payment option for additional images. We look forward to seeing your entries.
- Overall Winner - One year Free Membership of any of our Societies - which includes: entry to all of our membership only competitions - unrestricted access to our members' photography forum – listing on our directory - image mentoring - qualifications and distinctions through submission of images - the winner will also receive our magazine Professional Imagemaker for 12 months.
- 2nd and 3rd place - 6 months Free Membership of any of our
Societies - which includes: entry to all of our membership only competitions
- unrestricted access to our members' photography forum – listing on our
directory - image mentoring - qualifications and distinctions through
submission of images - the winner will also receive our magazine
Professional Imagemaker for 6 months.
No cash alternatives will be given
View the entries HERE
View Winners HERE
Photo Quote: All photographs are there to remind us of what we forget. In this - as in other ways - they are the opposite of paintings. Paintings record what the painter remembers. Because each one of us forgets different things, a photo more than a painting may change its meaning according to who is looking at it. - John Berger