all have a special relationship with our animal friends and this month we invite
images which either shows the best of our pets or the interrelationship between
the owners and the pets. We encourage images of every species we have grown
The images may be of your own pets or commissioned images.
As with all competitions remember that good camera craft skills with accuracy of exposure is essential, good lighting is also beneficial, along with decisive cropping and excellent postproduction skills.
- Free to enter for all photographers including non members
- A maximum of three images per entrant are welcome
- The work must be that of the entrant
- No entry will be eligible that has been made under the supervision of an instructor or as a class assignment
- Images submitted must be no larger than 2000 pixels wide
- All entrants must be able to supply a high resolution image (300dpi)
- Copyright of the images remains with the photographer - The Societies recognises that the entrant, the author of the photograph, retains complete and full ownership of the copyright in each submission
- Entries can be used for publicity purposes only by The Societies and may be printed in our magazine Professional Imagemaker
- Competition Closed
- The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- One year Free Membership of any of our Societies - which includes: entry to all of our membership only competitions - unrestricted access to our members photography forum – listing on our directory - image mentoring - qualifications and distinctions through submission of images - the winner will also receive our magazine Professional Imagemaker for 12 months
No cash alternatives will be given
View the winning images HERE
Photo Quote: For me, the creation of a photograph is experienced as a heightened emotional response, most akin to poetry and music, each image the culmination of a compelling impulse I cannot deny. Whether working with a human figure or a still life, I am deeply aware of my spiritual connection with it. In my life, as in my work, I am motivated by a great yearning for balance and harmony beyond the realm of human experience, reaching for the essence of oneness with the Universe. - Ruth Bernhard