For this competition we are looking for images of smiles. Whether it's children enjoying the summer, a bride and groom on their special day, or any activity where the subject has a great smiling expression, we are looking forward to seeing your entries.
Win one years membership to The Societies
As with all competitions remember that good camera craft skills with accuracy of exposure is essential, good lighting is also beneficial, along with decisive cropping and excellent postproduction skills.
- Free to enter for all photographers including non members
- A maximum of three images per entrant are welcome
- The work must be that of the entrant
- No entry will be eligible that has been made under the supervision of an instructor or as a class assignment
- No distinguishing marks on the images
- Images submitted must be no larger than 2000 pixels wide
- All entrants must be able to supply a high resolution image (300dpi)
- Copyright of the images remains with the photographer - The Societies recognises that the entrant, the author of the photograph, retains complete and full ownership of the copyright in each submission
- Entries can be used for publicity purposes only by The Societies and may be printed in our magazine Professional Imagemaker, also promotional purposes
- Competition Closed
- The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Overall Winner - One year Free Membership of any of our Societies - which includes: entry to all of our membership only competitions - unrestricted access to our members' photography forum – listing on our directory - image mentoring - qualifications and distinctions through submission of images - the winner will also receive our magazine Professional Imagemaker for 12 months.
- 2nd and 3rd place - 6 months Free Membership of any of our Societies - which includes: entry to all of our membership only competitions - unrestricted access to our members' photography forum – listing on our directory - image mentoring - qualifications and distinctions through submission of images - the winner will also receive our magazine Professional Imagemaker for 6 months.
No cash alternatives will be given
View the entries HERE
View the winners HEREThe Societies of Photographers Convention and Trade Show at The Novotel London West, Hammersmith ...
You have 0 days until The Societies of Photographers Convention starting on Wednesday 16th January 2019
Photo Quote: The contemporary artist...is not bound to a fully conceived, previsioned end. His mind is kept alert to in-process discovery and a working rapport is established between the artist and his creation. While it may be true, as Nathan Lyons stated, 'The eye and the camera see more than the mind knows,' is it not also conceivable that the mind knows more than the eye and the camera can see? - Jerry Uelsmann