The Societies' Monthly Image Competition Rules
Rules of the Monthly Image Competition
- Entrant must have solely captured and created the original photographic exposure. (Strictly no images created using AI software are permitted).
- All digital manipulation must have been performed by the entrant.
- Any images that violate copyright, trademark or any other applicable law will be disqualified.
- The entrant’s name, or any other distinguishing marks, must not appear on the face of the image.
- Only one image per category per month is to be entered.
- No entry will be eligible that has been made under the supervision of an instructor, in collaboration with another photographer, or as a class assignment.
- No exact same image may be entered more than once under any condition.
- No image that receives a Merit in the 20×16 annual competition may be entered into the monthly image competition in the same year.
- Any images uploaded which are not correctly named will be automatically disqualified.
- Any image which does not follow the category definition will be automatically disqualified.
- Any entry which has been reproduced from an existing photograph, portrait, graphic or any other artwork produced by another person is a violation of the competition rules and will be disqualified, this includes stock images and digital backgrounds.
- Entrants agree that any photograph entered may be used by The Societies and or Professional Imagemaker in any of the publications, printed materials, or electronic media. Also the image may be used for promotional use by The Societies, unless otherwise agreed.
- Images entered into Wedding Day and/or Wedding Day - Bride or Groom Alone must have been taken on the day the register was signed and must be commissioned work only.
- By uploading and entering in to The Societies' Monthly Image Competition, You agree to have read and fully understood the Rules of the Competition and Category Definitions.
- Only open to current Societies' Members
- We reserve the right to: change or modify the rules without notice.
To upload your competition entries, follow these simple instructions
- To prepare your images for upload please open with an appropriate program.
- Make sure your image is 2,000 pixels on the longest side and there are no names or distinguishing marks on the entry. No bigger than 2,000 pixels on the longest side
- Select ‘Save for Web’ from the menu and ensure that the following information is entered as the file name: Your_Name_Category_Month_Country_Year_MembershipNumber.jpg i.e. Colin_Jones_advertising_August _Wales_2020_00001.jpg
- Click the following link The Societies Monthly Image Competition
- Go to login - Forgotten the login instructions? - no problem visit the Forum
- You will now be able to upload your images.
- Go to 'Upload File'
- Click on Album and choose the category
- Browse for the image that you would like to enter and double click.
- Click the Submit button at the foot of the page to upload the image.
- To submit more images (to other categories) go to 'Upload File'
Failure to title your image as above will result in your images being deleted also upload only one image per category. Max file size 2MB.
Reasons why you may not be able to log on or upload
Cache full on your PC
Your ISP Proxy Server
Broadband connection speed may have dropped
Cookies should be enabled
Security setting set to high
Firewall settings to high
Too many programmes open at the same time on your PC
Our server may be busy with other members uploading
Plus about another 1,000,000 other possible reasons
You could try login on from a different computer
Remember to log out before leaving the site.
Possible reasons why files will not upload
No category chosen
File too big (keep below 2MB)
Image over 2,000 pixels on the longest side
Image contains exif data