Term - Transparency adaptor

Transparency adaptorSWPP Photographic Glossary

Sunday 10th December 2023  

Award-winning digital fine art & photo inkjet papers, inks, canvases and accessories.



Image Competition
Free entry for SWPP members.

Free Information Pack

Qualifications - An Overview

Transparency adaptor

Flatbed scanners are designed to scan reflective material, but some accept an adaptor, often called a transparency hood, that has an integral fluorescent tube and is used to scan transparent materials. Some scanners are sold with the hood attached, others have it as an optional extra. These often allow up to A4 to be scanned but check, some of the budget options may only go up to 5x4in. A few scanners now have one built-in and use a tray that slides in and out of the unit. This avoids the need for the transparencies to come in contact with glass.


Information provided by: SWPP
More Photographic Terms

Contact SWPP

The Society of Photographers Excellent TrustPilot

Update cookies preferences